CADTutor

AutoCAD 2016 First Customer Ship

SLW210

I use AutoCAD for 3D design, though it isn't really part of my job to work in 3D, just most new projects are easier for me to do in 3D, we were considering going to Plant 3D or AutoPlant, but I think that has been put on hold for now.

canho79

Even if you wait until SP2, you'll still be using AutoCAD 20xx before the 20xx calendar year begins

nestly

Historically, that's likey true, but my perception is that there are far fewer complaints about 2016 in the first month after release compared to any of the last 5 releases, so my guess is there won't even be a 2nd SP for AutoCAD 2016.

Greenuser
Yup, I think the geometric center snap was a loooooong time coming. How many times have we drawn a diagonal or two across a polygon to find its center?

By the way, isn't 2016 a file format change incremental?

well with this news ill be pushing for an update in my workplace :P

tzframpton

XREF Override is a very nice addition to the AutoCAD platform. This has been needed for quite some time.

RobDraw
XREF Override is a very nice addition to the AutoCAD platform. This has been needed for quite some time.

MEH, since SETBYLAYER was introduced, I was a happy camper when it comes to XREF layer management.

tzframpton

I agree Rob. SETBYLAYER was a Godsend at the time. I used it heavily for XREF's I receive for individual use. However, this means I'd have to physically edit the XREF, which could be another department's working file (such as an architect) depending on the situation. But with XREF Override, I can edit things as needed without altering another person's working file.