Greetings from Greece!

Hello guys, i'm currently working on my thesis and i have this task that i need to send to my mentor a dwg drawing (using Autocad 2013) in jpg format.

I tried some times to export it, or to find something like an "application" through the web that converts dwg files to jpg... but i came up with zero results..

Please help me if you know any way of doing this!

Thank you! :roll:

@Steven-g what kind of "weird" results?

Try it and see, it may well be OK for you, but when I tried it it just produced a tiled image of part of the drawing at a 60 degree angle.

For screen grabs I would look at Lightshot. One of the best screen shot utilities around and at the low low cost of Free!

Yes, I would also just plot to raster (jpg, png, etc) or to PDF and save as jpg.

As noted by ReMark, Snippet is a great tool included in Windows 7. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, to access/install it. You can also use the PrtScn key to copy the screen to the clip board or Alt-PrtScn, for just the active Window. Then open Paint and use Ctrl-V to paste, crop as you wish then Save As a jpg. The quality of the resulting image of course will be the same pixel resolution as your screen. Let me know if you would like a process for getting great quality line-drawing images (as opposed to shaded images) into a Word document.

I did and got really wierd results ???

I've never had a problem with it, just did a few to test, all ok here.

Can you post a .dwg that does this and maybe some images of your before and after?

I use the plot to web with no problems the only thing I found was again I had to create a custom sheet size based on pixels A4 4519X3149 it seems to be locked at 200DPI so this forces a better res result.

I've never had a problem with it, just did a few to test, all ok here.

Can you post a .dwg that does this and maybe some images of your before and after?

To be honest I never use this feature, so I only discovered the problem yesterday, I do have problems with Autocad plotting on this machine that IT can't solve (but that's another story). Anyway here is an image. Print preview is fine, according to Autodesk if print preview is ok then the problem is probably with the windows drivers.

Squify.jpg

Yes, if print preview is correct, it is usually outside AutoCAD.

But, that is a plot to .jpg, just seems strange it would do that.

I did a drawing similar to yours and it came out great.