Edit or Increase Lineweight

sivapathasunderam

Home tab > Layer panel > Layer Properties. Or....type the word LAYER at the command line then press Enter.

Lineweights can be assigned to individual layers.

Note: Lineweights are limited and defined by AutoCAD. See Dana's response below for another option.

Edited by ReMark

Hopefully, you are not making the incorrect assumption that one must use a line, or polyline to draw very wide blacked out walls or something. If so, use a solid hatch to fill in the space between the outlines. I mention this because this was the case the only time I can remember this question coming up before.

If you were to explain the reason for this need, we may be able to offer other, much easier options.

One cannot add or delete line weights. It is a set list, in concrete. One can only assign one of the available line weights to an object or to a layer. I might guess that it has to do with pdf and printer/plotter technicalities.

If you really need a custom line width, you can assign a width to an existing polyline, however. Polyline width is not limited by anything because it is a fill operation when printing. Unfortunately, this is an object property, not a global property and must be changed per line in the properties palette, or by use of the PEDIT > Width commands.

In the properties box, you can change the start and end width, and can make the polyline tapered if each end is set to dissimilar widths, or you can assign the polyline a global width, which means that it is the same width from the starting vertex to the ending one.

Some words of of warning. Width is not Thickness. Thickness (height) is along the "Z" axis. Width is along the "X" and "Y" axes. Polylines with a Width property do not follow the line end style rules of normal lines or polylines. The ends look nasty when intersecting as a corner. They do not overlap properly because the new width wraps around the vertices at the ends, and they always will appear to be half the width too long at each end.

Both of the above operations are much like pushing a wet rope up a wall. To speed this up, one can change one polyline to have a width. and then use MATCHPROP to change a bunch more at the same time.

Actually, it is possible to edit the value of the lineweights. It looks like its the number of available lineweights is fixed.

Edit Lineweights.PNG

Actually, it is possible to edit the value of the lineweights. It looks like its the number of available lineweights is fixed.
Oh, yeah. You can do it in the plotstyle table editor. I forgot all about that since I don't use color to line weight tables. That is still like herding cats, but it works.