printing 3D solids?

2kdesigner

Just to clarify....

It seems that older versions of AutoCad (at least back to 2000) do not have the option of "visual style" or "shade plot" in the properties dialog box. Having talked to other people in the biz lately, it appears they too use ALT+PrintScreen quite often for other things as well. As one friend said, "there is always another option, if there's a will there's a way!"

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2kdesigner

• MaxwellEdison

• Patrick Hughes

• mugshot

or u can directly print from the layout tab. in that way u wont ve any problems.

You do know you just replied to a 2 year old post, right? :)

or u can directly print from the layout tab. in that way u wont ve any problems.

How is that any different than typing _Plot or File>Plot or hitting a button to plot?

I don't think v2000 had shaded view plotting in plot setup (and it certainly didn't have Flatshot).

At I recall, the way we did it back in the last century was create a screen capture or render image and place that in paperspace along with our viewports.

Students can download AutoCAD 2012 for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

actually - anyone can download a trial.

Edit

What's with digging up all these ancient posts lately.

Now I have to start checking the dates.

Since you suggested this - can you demonstrate how to do what you suggest using AutoCAD 2000?

Edit

What's with digging up all these ancient posts lately.

Now I have to start checking the dates.

Somebody called it "thread necromancy" :lol: