2D design to 3D Model

indigo

Hi,

I have a hard time visualizing the 3D View of the part on top of the motor I put a cyan circle on it can you please guide me on creating this part.

Thanks..

Capture.jpg

So do we, have a hard time that is. You need a top view and the other end view as well. I have no idea what it may look like without them.

The only clue is the slot.
I don't have a clue where the slot is. We would also need a view of the top of the motor without the thingy on top, and a bottom view of the thingy on top of the motor, and a bottom view of the motor.

Is that supposed to be a variable frequency speed electric motor? Give us the manufacturer's name and model number.

Unfortunately they did not include a top view as part of the CAD file. It would be helpful if they had. You do see the top in the image included on the cover of the product catalogue (single phase induction motor).

So, that aside, what have you accomplished so far? Post an image.

Remark's done a great job of modeling it. You might have had trouble visualizing it because the 2D view projection is 1st angle.

Hi @ReMark

this is what I have accomplished so far..Please excuse the wrong modelling..is this the catalog you use ? I only find these one and its different from the 2D drawing they provided..can you please show me how you manage to create the VFD of the motor because I really had a hard time visualizing the top part

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks

catalog.jpg

Motor.jpg

vfd.jpg

Reading the reversed Angle projection is pretty disorienting.

I am always surprised when checking my coworkers' drawings, I sometimes need to mirror views to get them right, and they have been at this much longer than I.

Recently resheeting some drawings which had been issued on a previous project, where they had all been issued and fabricated, but nobody else had picked up on the problem.

Of course I did correct them on the drawings which are yet to be issued for this project.

Being from the States I don't understand the logic behind 1st Angle projection, 3rd Angle just seems to make so much more sense.

Does anybody else think that 1st angle projection is more logical, or makes more sense, other than just user familiarity?

ReMark is fast asleep right now, probably be back in about 6 hours.

It looks like you are doing very well.

You need to chamfer the corners of the junction box, and possibly of the cover plate, although they aren't shown chanfered in the drawings supplied,

they are in the other graphic from the catalog. Don't forget the mounting hole on the strap coming off the junction box should be slotted for adjustment.

What does VFD stand for?

Edited by Dadgad

VFD = Variable Frequency Drive (i.e. - speed control).

The question is, do we want the motor to look like the catalogue picture or like do we use the 2D CAD file "as is"?