How to change or replace text on autocad drawing using excel spreadsheet

SimonC

Steven-g like me using excel is not that hard, only suggestion use concatenate and this way command is all on 1 line matching block details.

Something like =CONCATENATE("-attedit n n interface cable 1 1 ",B2," ")

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• SimonC

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigal, I'd be lost without excel, having LT it makes some form of automation possible, I tend to put things on seperate lines purely because there are occasions when certain command sequences fail if they are all on one line, but indeed if possible it is easier to read if you have long lists and can keep things all in one row.

Totally understood the next line, next line 2xreturns as you say I have spent a lot of time making some 1 liners just work a possible workaround in answer to another post (chr 13) is Return in excel concatenate C2,"(chr 13)","move L" not tested. Nice thing in excel have VBA also. The auto DCL I posted recently same problem must have 1 line but lots of stuff.

Thank you to all of you for the feedback, i have tried a few of the sugestions and will now take it up with my colleagues in the other offices to see what is the prefered method.

Once agiain A BIG Thank You to everyone who contriburted, it is much appreciated.

Thank You

• 8 months later...

THE ONLY Tool I am aware of that can do this effectively is made by a company called CADDIG. You will need to Google them. They have modules for the tool to complete several tasks that includes doing this function using Word. AutoField and AutoAttribute are the two I like, however, imagine accomplishing this by tagging a cell in a spreadsheet to an object using Parameters. AWESOME SAUCE. AutoParameter would be the tool you need then. Lastly, it streamlines tables quiet more efficiently than AutoCad through a module called AutoTable.

Each module is around 100 bucks USD for a single license and gets cheaper the more licenses you purchase.

If you need more power than that, I would suggest talking to Jimmy over at JTB World for a custom tool.