Trying to create a detail in my drawing.

laqa

I looked for a way to create a detail and arrived to Layout tab, Crate View, and Detail. But at Create View, Detail is dimmed, non clickable. Can someone help? Thanks, Luis. o:)

What layer is the detail on?

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post so we may take a look at it ourselves?

Thanks for the reply, it will be a day or two before I do that, because I had to format my machine and it's in the process of installing Windows, etc. I only have access to this Linux laptop that does not have Autocad installed. By the way, is there a way to use Autocad on a Linux machine? Thanks again.

I believe there is a way to run AutoCAD on a Linux machine but I can't tell you exactly how that is done because I haven't used my Linux based computer in quite some time. I think there is at least one forum member who should be able to assist you however.

Thanks for the help. I am trying do show a detail of the cuts in the slab at the left and right sides. Forma_das_Placas.dwg is the current view, and I cannot highlight the Detail button at Layout/Create View. Thanks again.

Forma_das_Placas.dwg

That drawing is not a 3D drawing with solids so that command will not work. In layout create a viewport with MVIEW command, then go into that viewport and zoom in to the area you want, apply a scale, and lock the viewport.

Brazil?

Was this supposed to be a metric drawing? It appears you used the acad.dwt drawing template file which uses decimal inches as its default.

What scale did you have in mind for your detail of the cuts (notches) in the slab? Aren't they basically mirror images of each other?

attachment.php?attachmentid=54503&cid=1&stc=1

Layout1

Viewport (in blue) on layer Vports.

Viewport scale: 1:2

What size paper were you planning to print your detail on?

Slab notches.jpg

Thanks. I am structural, and the drawing came from the architect. I just added some structural elements to it. I am not worried with units, as the software that's going to be used for structural design will use metric units. You highlighted exactly the details I intend to highlight, and answering your question about printing, I will not print it, my client will, and he'll probably print it in pdf. Thanks again.