Double the image but not double the fun.

ReMark

This just started happening a day ago. I attach an image to a reply and all looks fine in Preview. However, once I submit my reply two images appear. It happened again this morning. What gives? Anyone else experiencing this anomaly?

See this thread for an example....

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?92665-Trying-to-create-a-detail-in-my-drawing.&p=634011#post634011

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nukecad

• Tiger

• Tharwat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You get a random image from me to test

Edit: on my post it says [ATTACH=CONFIG]54521 /ATTACH]

On ReMarks posts is says >[img]54521

Edit again: do you guys use Insert Inline when you post an image?

tavla.jpg

Edit again: do you guys use Insert Inline when you post an image?

Hi,

When I use Google chrome I can not use the image button in the Quick reply [insert Image] because that would guide me to post a web-site link only , so I need to go to Advanced to attach an image as I did in my first post here .

But with FireFox all are okay .

Thanks

I know we have previously had some differences between the web browsers when it comes to how to handle images. ReMark, what browser do you use? Do you use the Quick Reply > Insert Image-function?

I am using Firefox. I click on the paperclip icon for Attachments. It will do the same thing even if I use the Insert Image button. Strange.

next random image with Firefox and paperclip-attachment-button

If I afte upload, click the paper clip and click the image - then I get ATTACH-tags and this look.

Text.jpg

I use Firefox, Go Advanced, Manage Attachments, and have never had a problem.

Same here. I just uploaded 3 images yesterday and the only problem I had was they were not inserted in the same order that I uploaded them. This is kind of annoying when you're trying to show something in progression from start to finish, but I've never had an image double post before.

I've noticed problems like this on a few vBulletin forums recently. (recently being about 9 months).

If you look over at VBs own forums the concensus seems to be that it is caused by some conflicts between the desktop and mobile versions of VB.

Seems to affect mainly VB 4.1.2 and a lot seems to depend on what spec your system is and what browser you are using.

For instance at another forum I visit regularly everything is fine for Firefox users, but IE users can't see any icons in the reply dialogues and often get posts being made twice in immediate succession. (I have both FF and IE and can duplicate this behaviour at will).

Chrome users seem to have problems with not seeing the last post in a thread. (unless they refresh an page that has just loaded??).

It also seems to more often affect those who use their desktops and tablet/smartphone at different times.

EDIT

Some iPhone6 users there are reporting a 'wobbly / moving' screen with VB forums on safari.

I see some sort of message that starts with the words "Compilation failed..." at the top of my screen. When I use the Go Advanced button and edit my reply I do not see the second image. It happens using Internet Explorer too.

I am using Firefox. I click on the paperclip icon for Attachments. It will do the same thing even if I use the Insert Image button. Strange.

I saw this last week on one of my posts.

My $0.05 just posted a single image [ATTACH=CONFIG]54540[/ATTACH] Remark noticed my attach is different yours is missing [/

Thats an interesting spot.

HTML5 no longer needs the "/" when closing a tag but BBcode still does.

So sombody used to coding HTML5 without it could miss it out in BBcode by mistake.

eg. with "/" in closing tag

bold text

without

bold text

• 1 month later...

Interesting.

This thread is today showing up as a 'new post' with the latest being made by 'begather'.

But coming here his post is not showing and mine from 11th June is the last shown?

(Looking at who has viewed his profile I guess Dana and Tiger have also noticed this).

I saw a similar thing this morning on another forum where the title of a new thread was showing but the OP made was not. (although the first line of it could be seen on the users profile page).

Just guessing here, but I installed Win10 on Thursday, wonder if its something to do with that?

PS. By posting this I have now made the post from 'begather' not be showing as the last. Hope that hasn't screwed up any investigation by mods/admin.

Just guessing here, but I installed Win10 on Thursday, wonder if its something to do with that?

No, it's not your operating system. Begather actually did post a reply, but it was caught by the forum software and put in the moderation queue. I saw it, but did not approve it, because he's just here to bump threads. No useful information. He's a spammer, or a troll, or whatever you want to call him and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that was banned recently for doing this same thing. Do you remember ellasmoth? http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?92913-How-to-reduce-the-space