Is it just me or were you able to put a plot stamp on the title block so it would plot where you wanted it to? As appose to what they have now?

I have title blocks for letter size, 11x17, and 24x36 and I have to adjust where the plot stamp is for each one. Also when I am placing the viewports I have to make sure the plot stamp will not print over the drawing. I could have sworn that they use to have an attribute that you could add to a block that would add the date or time or file location, and it was a part of the block itself.

You could also use MTEXT and choose a FIELD. It has the options for DATE and FILENAME, amongst many other options.

In the plot stamp command it asks where you want the plot stamp to be. With my 24x36 title block it works great in one place. That location does not work when I am using a letter size title block or 11x17. I have to go in to change the location of the plot stamp if I am going to plot out those sizes. Then, I have to go back in to change it back when I go back to another size.

Also with the standard plot stamp it does not show up on the drawing until after it is printed (or in print preview) yet when I am placing the viewports on the title block there may be a conflict that I cannot see until it is printed.

The reason we added using the plot stamp was because of knowing which is the newest print. One little change may have happened that would cause issue with the programing of parts (cabinet parts) that we need to know that the drawing in hand is the most current.

I thought that there use to be something similar to a definable attribute that could be set with the plotting information you wanted. It looked like any other text on the title block yet it would show the date or file name whatever you had it set for, and would show up with the title block not just in the plot preview.

Thanks

Fields would seem to be the only viable option.

Do an Internet search on "Autocad plot stamp block" and look for a YouTube video named "Creating AutoCAD Plot Stamps with Fields." That should get you headed in the right direction.

Another option re: time/date: the Stamp setting in the PLOT dialog box adds time/date texts only to printouts (outside borders) of your drawings.

Our plot stamp sits lower left just outside of the titleblock and is very small text, this is within our 6mm plot window setting. You dont have to worry about sheet size then.

plotstamp.jpg