• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheepdisease

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• SEANT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank yo for all your help, I am making real progress.

Couple of questions though about AutoCAD Architecture 2016:

1. How do I create a 90 degree corner out of a shape to form what you would expect at 90 degrees on an external angle for skirting board?

gd3luuf.png

2. How do I make the layout look more realistic so that it looks more like when a kitchen designer shows you a layout and it looks almost like a photograph?

A profile of the molding can be swept along a path that includes a ninety degree corner.

For the most affect when it comes to realism you'll have to apply materials to your 3D objects, add lights, then render.

Thank you for your reply, I will try your suggestions.

With regards to sweeping the object along a path that includes a 90 degree corner, I cannot do it because when I invoke the sweep command and select the shape I want to use, it automatically removes it from the selection when I press enter:

8kMGuqJ.png

How do I do it?

I have no idea what an AEC mass element object is. I do know what critical mass is though.

You could always try the TAPER FACE command on the end of each of the two pieces of molding then union the two.

Okay, I will try that, thank you.

Just when I figure something out, another problem emerges. Now I cannot stop a shape from enlarging in both the direction I want to and equally in the opposite direction, I have no idea why this suddenly started happening:

ndmapYE.png

Any idea?

I did not activate that command, when I clicked on the corner point it came up automatically. I don't want in and I don't know why it changed or how, I would like to disable it so I can resize normally.

It would be a good idea to change your software description in your profile from Autocad 2015 to Autocad Architecture 2016, so people pick up on that, instead of including that info in your post. As you are dealing with the Architectural desktop, I am afraid I can't help you, although you might try entering NO at that prompt, and see if it will be accepted, and override maintain baseline behaviour, which seems to be the default for this type of object, or it has been specified in the object Properties perhaps.

Hello there, tried your suggestion and it does nothing. I found the workaround was to choose the opposite option which comes up and then it is possible.

How do I fix messed up objects like this? It should just be a rectangle, without the strange triangle chunks.

QaGOpgT.jpg

When all else fails, read the instructions, or in Autocad, the commandline.

It will give you suggestions () and offer options, which if ignored can have catastrophic consequences.

If you are still working on your geometry, I would suggest you use 2D Wireframe, and sort it out before you start applying materials.

I use this simple yet effective command so the zoom is reset to the original extents. Works every time..

(defun c:pln ()

(setq vctr (getvar "viewctr"))

(setq vsize (getvar "viewsize"))

(command "plan" "")

(command "_.zoom" "c" vctr vsize))

Right, so I am trying to fix the shape, and am being given instructions on how to reset the zoom level? How do I fix the strange compression on this shape?