Automatically updated label - Dynamic Block

Ranime

I have a dynamic block suppose a rectangle where I applied a stretch action, I want a label telling the user the length of the rectangle every time he stretches it.

A small research on the web informed me that it is possible to put a label inside the rectangle that displays its length, but when stretching the block the value does not change. Any idea how to reach my goal?

Yes it does, but I don't want to regen my drawing everytime I want to use stretch action, any advice on how to automate it? Thank you for your reply

Not that I know of or have found - at least not with AutoCAD. But if there is, I am sure someone will come along and correct me.

If dynamic input is turned on, the distance should show up.

Or you could add a dimension inside the block and again it should show in real time

This was asked here a little while ago will repeat my suggestion just use a normal dimension style but with ext lines etc turned off it will auto update.

• Thanks 1