Just as a reference point I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2015.

I'm trying few different methods for which to basically create a library of symbols to use on my drawings. The best method that I can seem to find involves using blocks of some kind. The issue arises when I place multiple blocks of the same kind into one drawing. Is there anyway of making it so that when I edit one particular block that it doesn't alter the rest of them? I would like to be able to do this without having to explode my blocks and recreate them with different titles if possible. If that is not possible I'm up for suggestions.

I would like to use regular blocks if possible as opposed to dynamic blocks. I need to make my library as user friendly as I possible can so that my colleges can access it in the future with little difficulty. Does anyone know of a way that I can insert a block so that it is assigned a number upon insertion and therefore changing the blocks title?

That is not how blocks work. A block is a definition. Changing that definition changes all of the instances of that block. Simple blocks can be made to look different with the use of the layer "0" and by-layer properties. They will then take on the properties of the layer they are assigned to.

There are ways to make the same definition look different with the use of attributes or dynamic blocks.

Okay I appreciate the help and explanation. So my final question would be, is there a place for a detailed explanation on how to use and create dynamic blocks?