Revit: DWG sheet on coordinats

halam

Maybe this is a language thing but we have already discussed the methodology.

Can you describe how your model is set-up? Single user, central file, using links, etc.

Also, please describe what exactly is wrong with what you are getting.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the civil aspect can be of more assistance than I can. Plus, I probably won't be around much until Monday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• halam

• tzframpton

• hlammerts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does it matter of it is central or not? Do You understand what i want and the problems i have with these options?

No I don't understand. Why do you think I keep asking? I'm trying to understand and I'm not going to do any more testing unless you are more forthcoming with information. Sometimes. you need to help others help you. I did explain that I am not well versed in Civil, so you need to provide more information for me unless someone else, more knowledgeable, starts helping.

What part of "I don't understand" didn't you understand?

If you are not going to provide a better description, I'm done here. I don't want to run tests without knowing the correct circumstances. Good luck.

You already said I don't need any more information. I cannot help you with the given information so maybe someone will be able to.

must lost my password along the way I now remember.

Using differentt machines. I don't mind if you just delete one of me ..;-)

I would like to get get back to the topic if this is still possible.

Drawings as revit output is still impotent stuff after all!

Export to separate Xrefs I tried but did not make much difference.

To me it just seems that the checkboxes just do not work as they are intended (that is, views together in a sheets, options?)

Would like confirmation about this defect or sincerely would like the right workaround..

Any other suggestions what I should try?

Thanks for the screenshots. I will test on one of my existing projects and report back to you.

There are export buttons that gets you sheets to dwg.

Do you, like me, encounter loss of coordinates in dwg you work out design in (GIs) coordinats. (shared coordinats in rvt)?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm going to try this one more time as knowing a bit more about this might help me.

My thought was that maybe you could do the export and massage the results in AutoCAD a bit to get what you want. In order to see if that works, I need to know what I'm working with. Even if the details seem minor, it would help me to understand what you want for an end result. It might take a step or two more than the export from Revit if that doesn't do exactly what you want. Knowing how your project is set-up is just the first step. There are a lot of variables in project set-up and some of them may affect your desired result.

If you are expecting a one step solution, you might be expecting too much.

I exported Sheets, both with XREF and no XREF, and in Model Space as I suspected the origin is exactly where it should be. Click the image below to enlarge:

gbb94xPm.png

Tested and confirmed on my end. The image shows Area's A, B, C and D, but notice the correlation of the UCS between each drawing. They are all in the correct spot as the 0,0 WCS, which is the intersection of gridlines A,1. Hope this helps in ruling out possibilities at least.

-TZ

No offense, but that was a long wait for an anticlimactic ending. It works as one would expect.

I'm wondering what the OP is doing differently.

Haha, that was a long wait indeed. I've been in the field performing 3D laser scans on a large building so the past few weeks has been practically zero time in front of Revit. :)

It is about exporting shared coordinats guys. I Guess i did not Write that but This is the method to model in coordinats. I haven't had the opportunity to get back to my laptop. Will post some example of the issue later..

I thought it would be wise to furthermore share and discuss this on the Autodesk forum.

More details, sample files RVT and DWG, here .

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure/dwg-sheet-to-coordinats/m-p/5800647#M13270

By the way, it is this nice bridge in the Netherlands I use as sample data :)

http://static-dc.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/industries/civil-infrastructure/rail-infrastructure/Docs/adsk_customer-story_Breijn_Linge-RR-bridge_NE_letter_en.pdf