Drawing/modelling rib vaults in Autocad

tomdeturck

I'm a master student constructional engineering

Does anybody have an idea how I should go about drawing rib Vaults in AutoCad. I have to make a 3D model of a belfry tower so I can import it into Finite Element Software (ANSYS workbench).

To make it even worse, the tower has 4way, 5way and 6way rib vaults. FML...

I do not have the radius of the rib vaults, only heights/distances on a 2D plan.

I guess I could import the 2D image and somehow try to get a fitting circle segment. Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!!

It was helpful, too bad it wasn't with sound and a bit fast but hey, i'm not complaining.

I usually don't provide commentary as I demonstrate my approaches on the videos. It's just easier to show a live video rather than explain it word for word as a picture is worth a thousand words. My speed is just my experience I guess and my video recording software caps at 5 minutes so I usually try to cram to not hit the time limit.

Glad it was helpful. :)