attribute wont show up in dynamic block

Ibanezboy21

Hi everyone

I'm trying to create a dynamic block for my doors and I cannot figure out why my attributes wont show up

when I use 'test block' I could see the number change as I stretch my door but when I insert them in my plans, the number wont show up at all

Any ideas? refer to attachment (block is shown highlighted in purple)

TEST.dwg

Run the attsync command, and select the block when prompted. Any new blocks you insert should work as expected, but if you add an attribute to a block, you should use attsync to update existing blocks.

oic thanks, ok last question is there a way to fix my door so the attribute will always be centered with my door?

when i increase the width, the attribute will always be centered but if i flip the door and decrease the door size, the attribute wont be centered anymore

sorry about the questions, currently learning off youtube and i cannot figure this one out

Usually the best way to handle attributes, when you need to move them is to use a point parameter. You link the attribute to the point parameter with a move action, and then any other actions are performed on the point parameter itself by any other actions, it's a bit difficult to explain, give it a try and see how it works out, I should get a chance later today to try and adapt your block, to show you what I mean (if you don't manage it before then).

OK I managed to take a look. Ignore the point parameter I mentioned before, I changed the attribute text justification to "center-middle" and moved the attribute to line up with the center of the door, and made an adjustment to how the move actions where associated with the flip actions. It looks like it works but try it and see.

TEST2.dwg

Steven im trying to add a rotation action to my attribute but i cant get the rotation basepoint to stay with the text whenever i flip the door left/right and inside out.

do you know a good way to fix this? been googling and youtubing and there's no tutorials on it

Dynamic blocks are fairly straight forward, when you keep them simple, but once you start trying to add various different types of patrameters the rules become unclear, especially when it comes to "chaining" actions.

Sometimes you need to include the parameter other times you need to include only the action. I usually end up just trying various combinations, testing them and seeing what happens. The good news is, that most things are possible, it just sometimes takes a lot of work.

Is it just the attribute text you want to rotate? if so what are the logical rules it needs to follow. Or is it the whole block

i just need the '000' to rotate, best solution i can come up with is have a similar parameter to my left/right flip action

(everytime the door stretches 100mm, the arrow moves in increments of 50mm so the arrow will always be centered to the door)

if i add another linear dimesion to the door panel (one going vertical), is there a way to make the basepoint of my attritube center to that?

Could you show on a drawing, where you are trying to get the attribute to be when it rotates, and preferably for a door of 620 and again a door of 1020. And show the second dimension?