VT - atrribute & text editor - RLX

rlx

Here is my version for a text and attribute editor. File vt.lsp must be renamed to vt.vlx because i cound't upload it otherwise. After that you should be able to load it with (load "vt.vlx") , at least , i think , never did a vlx before but the advantage is that you only need one file. Disadvantage , you can't read the code.

I made a vlx also because some parts of the code i made almost 20 years ago so it would be a bad example for y'all. So i have some rewriting to do first. Maybe I'll ask a certain quantum mechanic for his advice what parts of my code I'd better rewrite ;-) because it has some junk / abandoned code in it as well and the titleblock part is a big part and is only relevant for the company I work for at the moment so I'm thinking about removing it before posting the cleaned code.

Anyways , hope it works , hope you like...

Had to rewrite the manual in english and split it because it was to lagere to upload in one file.

Gr. Rlx

VT-help-English part 1.pdf

VT-help-English part 2.pdf

VT.lsp

vt-main-dialog.jpg

vt-quick-menu.jpg

Edited by rlx

You're welcome

smilie.png

In case anyone interested I can provide the titleblocks to play with the revision utilities. Just a matter of replacing the logo but attribute names would have to stay the same for VT to recognise them. Could of course write a more generic version but it wouldn't be of much use for myself.

gr. Rlx

Hello rlx

I download your vt.lsp but i coudnt run it , it sounds for accomplish need to ##.dcl file???:(

Did you see?

Here is my version for a text and attribute editor. File vt.lsp must be renamed to vt.vlx because i cound't upload it otherwise. After that you should be able to load it with (load "vt.vlx") , at least , i think , never did a vlx before but the advantage is that you only need one file. Disadvantage , you can't read the code.

Hello rlx

I download your vt.lsp but i coudnt run it , it sounds for accomplish need to ##.dcl file???:(

Hi Hosyn ,

As Lee Mac pointed out at me in my RlxIso thread , for distribution purposes less(files) is more so I sought a way to accomplish this and VLX seems to be a good way. I tried it at home and it worked. But , as 77077 pointed out , you have to rename vt.lsp to vt.vlx and load it with (load "vt.vlx")

gr Rlx

Edited by rlx

Hi Hosyn ,

As Lee Mac pointed out at me in my RlxIso thread , for distribution purposes less(files) is more so I sought a way to accomplish this and VLX seems to be a good way. I tried it at home and it worked. But , as 77077 remarkt , you have to rename vt.lsp to vt.vlx and load it with (load "vt.vlx")

gr Rlx

The program works perfect for me after rename from lsp to vlx and load with appload just as any other lisp program ! !

Thank you for fine program ! !

Steveo

what's this ? I'm interested to know .

Monday when i´m back at work (if sniffy , the drugs dog , lets me in haha) i´ll post the titleblocks. Last monday it sniffed me and i said , if you shut up you´ll get half ;-) , nah just kidding , don't do drugs.

gr. Rlx

Thanks for sharing!

Bedankt hiervoor :)

Added are the titlebocks. If you have a blank drawing VT will insert one for you (can give an error but it stills insert one , bloody bugs) See page 16 from the second part of the manual. You get this dialog by pressing Revision in the QuickMenu.

Yellow part is for project data and new feature added recently is Waf-mode , wipe & fix. It clears all previous revisions (wipe) and set revision to a fixed discription and number.

Revision can be updated in scriptmode by calling (VT_AutoUpdateRevision)

With the bottom part you can resize a titleblock , say you have A1 and need A0 you would enable the resize option and click on Replace Border.

As I said before , this function was written specifically for Sabic so unless I would write a more generic version it will be of little use to others in its present form.

gr. Rlx

titleblock.zip

titleblock.jpg

VT-Quickmenu-Revision.jpg

Edited by rlx

If you give us the lisp code... We can make is usefull for other blocks.

Thnx

Welcome to cadtutor ,The authors did not publish the source code, there is a reason, already have explained.

If you give us the lisp code... We can make is usefull for other blocks.

Thnx

I intend to , but not before I do some cleaning up because some parts are reaylly poorly coded and some parts are completely devoded for converting old GE-titleblocks to Sabic-titleblocks and those are totally useless for the rest of the world.

Gr.Rlx

Anyway, sure we can try to make good apps too.

:twisted:

my code might not be alwayz the best around but my app's (here at my work) are :P

And another reason there still is so much 'vanilla' in VT is that untill recently it still had to work for autocad2000i and that is before the VL-lisp revolution. Correction , it was autocad 12 (not 2012) . But i decided to let go of that legacy. I'm still learning every day (vl-every day :D )

gr. Rlx

Edited by rlx