Abou Family Components

Madruga_SP

Hi guys,

I'm trouble to insert a door,window.

I'm choosing the the families, but when I try to put it through the wall, nothing is happening.

Anybody Can help me out please?

Regards

Edited by Madruga_SP

AutoCAD has blocks. Revit has families. It's not good to use the terms interchangeably.

What program are you using?

Thank you for the advise Rob.

Post updated!:oops:

Madruga... can you give us some more detail? Possibly some screenshots? My apologies in advance but your description is very lacking.

If you're in a Plan View, there should be no reason you cannot add Doors and Windows to a Wall, if a Wall does in fact exist. Are you using an architectural Link? Or are you modeling the walls yourself? Did you create a new, fresh Plan View? Have you edited the View Range at all? Is Underlay turned on, showing false positives of walls above/below? What is Revit exactly doing that will not allow you to place doors and windows, etc? Did you receive an error message?

Give us some more detail and we can better assist you. Thanks in advance. :)

-TZ

Madruga... can you give us some more detail? Possibly some screenshots? My apologies in advance but your description is very lacking.

If you're in a Plan View, there should be no reason you cannot add Doors and Windows to a Wall, if a Wall does in fact exist. Are you using an architectural Link? Or are you modeling the walls yourself? Did you create a new, fresh Plan View? Have you edited the View Range at all? Is Underlay turned on, showing false positives of walls above/below? What is Revit exactly doing that will not allow you to place doors and windows, etc? Did you receive an error message?

-TZ

Thank you for replay Tannar,

Can I import a custom template to my project?

How Can I do that?

I think the template is the problem, when I open a new worked fine.

So I have to import the template to my drawing.

Regars

-TZ

I was on 3d view.

If I were on 3d. You can't insert doors (etc) on top 3d view.

Thank you

original.jpg

Do you know the differences in Views within Revit? Here in the Help file it distinguishing them:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-8B1294DC-617E-48F9-AC18-A998F43384C9

I would suggest not staying in a 3D View for production work. Revit uses Plan, Ceiling, Structural, Elevation and Section Views for "production" modeling. Use 3D Views more for visualizing for now, and in time you'll understand what you can/can't do in terms of production within a 3D View.

Hope this helps.

-TZ

*EDIT*

I had the wrong link. Hopefully you didn't click the link too soon - it directed to the Developers area of Views. The link is fixed now.