Dental Bracket Design

alperyalman

Hey there,

I want to create 3D model of dental bracket as following:

http://www.dentalbeatrizlopez.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bracket.jpg

Does anybody know how to model this dental braket? Of course I can draw this part by rule of tumb but I wonder if there are any standards and/or dimension to model these dental braces. If you help, I will be grateful. Thank you in advance. :)

Alper

First. What program will you be using?

Second. There is no reason to post the same question in three different forums. It just leads to confusion.

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. Please don't post the same question multiple times across several different sections of the forum.

3. Make sure to post your question in the relevant area of the forum according to the software you are using.

Your profile says you are using Solidworks so I have moved this question to the Solidworks section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?44-SolidWorks. Your other duplicate posts have been removed.

If you are using Solidworks then the question belongs in this forum not in the one for AutoCAD related questions. Anyways, I'm guessing you already know "how" to draw it. You're here because you don't know the exact measurements.

You need to search on the following "dental bracket dimensions".

Could you please move my thread to "AutoCAD General" section because SolidWorks section seems very inactive.

I can move your question to the Autocad section, but if you're going to be modeling this in Solidworks, that's not going to do you much good.

The reason this section is not very active is because we don't have many Solidworks users. If this is your primary program then I would suggest seeking out a dedicated Solidworks forum. Otherwise, you will have to wait until one of our Solidworks guys shows up to help out.

Yes, so will you help me?

I just did. I gave you the exact search criteria you need to use. BTW...slot sizes will be either 0.018 or 0.022.

I'm not sure what to think as you seem to keep shifting your focus. Is there no school of orthodontics nearby you could visit and maybe talk to a professor? Or find someone who practices orthodontics in the city where you live. Maybe he can tell you what you need to know or direct you to someone or some company that can answer all your questions.

Visit, call or email the Hacettepe University School of Dentistry in Ankara, Turkey. Maybe they can assist you.

Edited by ReMark

Can you attach the *.sldprt file of what you have attempted so far?

Because SolidWorks is a parametric modeler - the dimensions can be adjusted as needed later.

How much SolidWorks training/experience do you have?

Can you attach the *.sldprt file of what you have attempted so far?

Because SolidWorks is a parametric modeler - the dimensions can be adjusted as needed later.

How much SolidWorks training/experience do you have?

JD to the rescue user will be in good hands like always

R

The OP is looking for the actual dimensions.

Did a fast search yesterday and there is some data out there just a matter of taking the time to open a few sites and read the pdf's to find basic infos