Paper Space Outline Gone

RobDraw

Just made the switch to 2016 from 2014.

The paper outline in layouts has gone from some files. That's right, some, not all. They were there in all files in the previous version. Nothing has changed except for the switch to 2016. I don't see anything new in page set-ups.

Is this some sort of new "feature"?

Solved!

Not sure if it started with '15 or '16 but, when margins are set to 0 in the paper sizes for the plotter, the lines are not shown.

Dam those new "features"!

By margins/paper outline you mean the printable area border, I can do it in 2015, but only for some paper sizes, and pc3 files. 8 1/2 x 11 on my own printer will let me go to zero, and the dashed line goes away, but Ansi 24 x 36 will only drive it to the last .01+- millimeter off the edge.

There is s switch to turn off the "Show Printable Area" on the Options >> Display Tab, but that is a workspace setting, and not for individual layouts.

I'm glad I don't have write privileges to those files. I might have had to fix them. I'm thinking this will probably be "fixed" in an upcoming update.

I'm glad I don't have write privileges to those files. I might have had to fix them. I'm thinking this will probably be "fixed" in an upcoming update.
I don't really view it as a bug or problem. Zero is zero. It's not there. The actual paper image is shown, unless you've colored both it and the background the same. The edge of the paper is zero if the margins go out that far, right? Of course. seeing this for the first time does appear as though there is something missing. It looks weird to me too. Zero is missing, so is anything missing? :lol:

I don't force margins beyond the default of the Full Bleed paper sizes because my output media is 99% pdf, and pdf simply hates getting anywhere near the edge of the printable area.

I don't really view it as a bug or problem. Zero is zero. It's not there. The actual paper image is shown, unless you've colored both it and the background the same. The edge of the paper is zero if the margins go out that far, right? Of course. seeing this for the first time does appear as though there is something missing. It looks weird to me too. Zero is missing, so is anything missing? :lol:

I have the paper background turned off, so, yeah, I miss having the edge there. I get the zero thing and already considered it to put my mind at ease but it didn't work. It's called the "printable area". Not the "printable area when it is a different size than the paper".

I don't force margins beyond the default of the Full Bleed paper sizes because my output media is 99% pdf, and pdf simply hates getting anywhere near the edge of the printable area.

I didn't set-up the paper sizes. I have yet to check how extensive it really is but it not being there for the first few files that I opened made me think that it was a bug. I can adjust but I really think this should be an all or none type of thing.

Yeah, I see your reasoning. I was just outlining why it doesn't bother me.

Considering my anemic video processor, I should probably turn off the paper background too. Then I could use black for my paperspace window background.

I even use a title block xref that has a line for the edge of the paper, so all that fancy stuff I let the program do by default is superfluous.

I even use a title block xref that has a line for the edge of the paper, so all that fancy stuff I let the program do by default is superfluous.

I'm on a different train when it comes to that. Why do it in the drawings if the program does it for you?

I'm on a different train when it comes to that. Why do it in the drawings if the program does it for you?
Cuz somebody else done drawed the titleblock and is making me use it. :P:)

I do actually like the printable area line and the paper image. I also liked the paper shadow, but turned it off back when 2 gigs of RAM was a hot rod computer.