Dynamic block doesn't work as intended in certain drawings

I have a dynamic block with a flip parameter - It works fine in my reference file but when I copy and paste it into another drawing the horizontal flip no longer works. I've tried purging and auditing the drawings but to no avail.

What gives?

doesntwork.dwg

works.dwg

The text should be flipped horizontally. In works.dwg it does, in doesntwork.dwg it does not. Nothing happens when you try to flip the attribute horizontally in doesntwork.dwg.

What do you mean by "correctly named"?

Oh, I just got what you mean. Yes, they are named correctly.

Edited by tchwiesz

That's not the issue - You need to do a double flip (one horizontally and one vertically) for when the arrow points certain directions (try pointing the arrow to the top left). The text needs to be able to flip horizontally.

You definately have something strange going on in that drawing. Pure guesswork, I would say it has something to do with layer 0 being frozen, but there is also a warning about proxy graphics and with LT I have no idea what that could be, and the UCS is rotated.