Getting my drawings to scale HELP

Hi guys !

Im really new to CAD and struggling slightly ! :'(

I am a event planner and have managed to draw my set onto the venue layout but I dont know whats gone wrong but I just cant understand the measurements, im basically trying to draw a 90cm x 55cm table that I can put in the room and copy'n'paste around but I cant work out the measurements, the drawing of the venue layout and the stage is 1:50 scale. I just want to be able to draw a shape which is to the same scale as the drawing and be able to easily understand the units, to have them simply in cm ? Can anyone help ? THANKS SO MUCH

First, are you using the default template file (acad.dwt)? If so you are drawing in decimal inches.

Second, are you drawing "to scale" as one might do manually on a drafting board? If so you are doing it wrong.

Third, are you making use of a layout with at least one viewport or is everything being done in model space?

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

I see we don't like answering questions.

6MB? Are you doing this in 3D?

The only other option would be to use a file sharing website like DropBox and post a link to the drawing here.

Hi,

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong, as you said about doing it more than one tab, well I was drawing on a 'floor layout' tab which was scaled, However when i switched to the model and drew it seems to be full size and not scaled down ! So think ive fixed it ! Thanks for your help !!