Need help with an assignement.

Newguy

I know this would be asking for too much but would it be possible to send the dwg file to me? I am really really new to autocad so looking through it might be a little more helpful. If it's against your principles then I apologise for stepping out of line. Thanks for the help again. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Newguy

• RobDraw

• steven-g

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I normally do not send students copies of drawings they are assigned to do as I never know how they may be used. That's why I included the sequence of five images in one of my posts.

Do you have a specific question? If so then I would do my best to provide you with an answer.

I don't want to be annoying but I am really really new to autocad and I am only having this course for this one semester. I am clueless to all of the commands and I never worked with anything similar just give me something to write c/c++ that's more of my field. :D To understand how to make this drawing I would need to be instructed step by step since I don't even imagine where to start.

I recall hearing this story more than once so as convincing as it may sound the answer is still "no". Why? Because at one time I was a student just like you except I was also working three part-time jobs and supporting a family. No one gave me any assignments I did all my own work. Maybe I didn't always get the top grade but at least I could say I did it myself.

How many other assignments have you had to do so far?

Draw the reference geometry shown in the colors green and cyan (light blue) first. All the information you need is provided in the image you posted. If you can do c/c++ you're no dummy. It's just lines and circles.

Not very long. Maybe another 15 minutes then I have to work remotely from our second site for a couple of hours. I may not be back here for three hours. But don't worry as there are other forum members who can provide assistance should you get stuck. The important thing is to ask questions and post images of your progress. We can't tell precisely where you are in the assignment without a visual. Understand?

I'll check back at the first opportunity I get. I have a copy of the drawing I did with me. It's got to be a little after 9 p.m. your time right?

There is just about always someone here, and we are happy to help, try making a start and see how far you get. post images or your dwg if you get stuck and, try to explain where you are having problems, If you really want to learn this is probably the best spot for it, if you want it doing for you, it might be a long wait. Start by drawing the crossed lines in the middle, most everything else can be set out from there.

I just used the rotate command for the 4 smaller circles, it's probably as quick in this case (and simpler), start the rotate command and pick the center of the cross as the base point, then look at your command line to see what prompts Autocad gives you, if you select the "copy" option and then enter 25 degrees, that should get you a step further.

When I did it, I trimmed the R100 circle, used DIVIDE to place nodes, and then copied.

There are other ways to accomplish it, too. Like a lot of things AutoCAD.

As promised I did check back. I see you are being helped by two knowledgeable forum members so at this point I will remove myself from the conversation. Post an image upon completion of the assignment. Thanks.