Drawing Out Of Position

svrkjg

Hello All,

Thank you in advance. When I open a drawing to work on it, then view to Extent (fill drawing area). Then save, close drawing and open again the position is not the same. It seems to expand slightly (not to extent anymore). When I double-click middle mouse button it's back to extent again.

AutoCad 2016 LT Product Version(M.49.0.0)

BR

KenJGAfter Close - Re-Open.jpg

Before Close - OK.jpg

Yup, it happens all the time to me. It has no affect on anything other than the opening view.

Edited by RobDraw

I think the problem has something to do with the properties palette (palettes in general). As you close Autocad and reopen you can see for a split second that the drawing extents alter as the palettes close and open. If it's a problem maybe look at using a startup script to zoom extents, or just live with the quirk (I honestly hadn't noticed it before)

Is there any way to resolve this so it shows the same position as when I close it?

Not that I know of. I'm not sure about you but the first thing I usually do when I open a drawing is change the view. As long as the preview shows the view I saved, it doesn't concern me in the least.

Hello Steven-g,

Thank you much. I'm not familiar with scripts. Anywhere I can look to see if a startup script will work or sample/example?

BR

KenJG

Hello ReMark,

I have the Properties Pallet open on the right side as shown in screenshots above. Is this what your referring too?

KenJG

Hello ReMark,

I have the Properties Pallet open on the right side as shown in screenshots above. Is this what your referring too?

KenJG

Yes. Maybe I should put my glasses on. LoL

Hello RobDraw,

One last silly question. Is this normal for this version of ACAD2016LT, because ACAD2009 did not do this?

BR

KenJG

Hello All,

Thank you very much for your GREAT support. I will pass this info on to my colleague and let him know this is common issue.

Have A GREAT DAY !!

BR

KenJG

Things like that can get under my skin. I'm pretty sure OCD is a requirement in our field. With that being said, please enjoy this:
I'm more annoyed by the pilled fibers than the loose thread.