bing will not play with my kmz file

sandiegophil

Hello,

I want to import my kmz file from c3d 2016 into bing maps street view like I used to be able to do with ge and c3d 2014.

Does anyone have a fix? Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Murph,

Thanks for the reply...

My file and format are fine. I am trying to find a way to import it into bing maps within internet explorer/chrome/firefox etc.

Regards,

Phil

Murph,

Thanks for the reply...

My file and format are fine. I am trying to find a way to import it into bing maps within internet explorer/chrome/firefox etc.

Regards,

Phil

If you want to take Google Earth files (KMZ) and import it into A Microsoft Bing map then you need to ask in the Microsoft forums.

Murph,

The kmz export is from c3d 2016. I used to be able to import them into GE with c3d 2012. I was just asking if anyone knows a way to import it into bing maps as opposed to GE.

See if this article helps...http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps-bing_sharing/how-do-i-import-places-into-bing-maps/78d37c4d-f3cc-4432-acaa-ed223c6cdc0f?auth=1

I believe you need to use IE, might work in Chrome or Firefox with the IE extensions and you will need a Bing Maps sign in.

SLW210,

Thanks for your help. I was finally provided an answer from "bing"....

...."We know many Bing Maps power users import locations from GPX or KML files, also create and edit lines and shapes on the maps. We didn’t get a chance to include these features in Bing Maps preview, but are committed to enabling them in the near future. Rest assured meanwhile, you saved lines, shapes and data are safe, you can see them in the existing Bing Maps web site."

so it's not an option yet..

thanks,

Phil