How to bring commands from CUI into Autocad Ribbons Autocad 2016

Sengna

I used to be able to click and drag the commands from CUI and put them in the ribbons or on the side of the model space, but it won't let me in AutoCAD 2016. In this case I want to bring "Circle, center, Dia" command in model space. Does any body know how? I like to bring in some commands that I need on the screen for convenient.

cui.jpg

Go to Cadalyst.com about 2 weeks ago "Tips & Tools Weekly: Add Your Own Panel to the AutoCAD Ribbon" by Lynne Allen may be useful, you may have to join but its free and a good source. Her demo shows how to play around with cui.

Go to Cadalyst.com about 2 weeks ago "Tips & Tools Weekly: Add Your Own Panel to the AutoCAD Ribbon" by Lynne Allen may be useful, you may have to join but its free and a good source. Her demo shows how to play around with cui.

I will have to sign up and check out, thanks Bigal. Any other suggestion?

Anybody has any luck for bring in CONSTRUCTION LINE on the ribbon home tab? it won't let me drag or paste. if you do please share. Just try to bring in the handy tool on the screen where it is easy to get to.

constructionline.jpg

Anybody has any luck for bring in CONSTRUCTION LINE on the ribbon home tab? it won't let me drag or paste. if you do please share. Just try to bring in the handy tool on the screen where it is easy to get to.

Assuming i understand your problem, you cant drag into the tabs area, you have to drag into the panel area of the CUI.

cui panels.png

Assuming i understand your problem, you cant drag into the tabs area, you have to drag into the panel area of the CUI.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56924[/ATTACH]

all i want to do is that i want to have the construction line tool appear next to the line command in Modelspace environment

This is the steps i did but not success:

1. I typed CUI

2. in the dialog box : i search for construction line

3. Drag construction line up drop in the Home, Ribbons or Panel (IT WON'T LET ME DROP TO ANY OF THOSE TABS)

note: (I am aware that i can get the construction line under the draw drop down menu but i should n't do that, there is easier way to do this ) in 2014 Autocad i have the CONSTRUCTION LINE next to my LINE command.

Pane const.png

Edited by Sengna

all i want to do is that i want to have the construction line tool appear next to the line command in Modelspace environment

This is the steps i did but not success:

1. I typed CUI

2. in the dialog box : i search for construction line

3. Drag construction line up drop in the Home, Ribbons or Panel (IT WON'T LET ME DROP TO ANY OF THOSE TABS)

note: (I am aware that i can get the construction line under the draw drop down menu but i should n't do that, there is easier way to do this ) in 2014 Autocad i have the CONSTRUCTION LINE next to my LINE command.

Are you expanding to the section you want? I have been able to do this on two different builds on two different machines

cui panels2.png

Also if this worked for you don't forget to change the look of the icon in the panel on the right. If you change it to large with text vertical it will look like this.

cui.jpg

cui2.png