Dynamic Double Door

buildsol

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have mastered the basics of dynamic blocks - albeit via youtube - but now now I am trying to create a dynamic double door I am finding it very very difficult. Could someone point me in the direct of a tutorial or guide on how to produce a dynamic double door?

I would prefer to learn the steps rather than someone send me a completed block as I feel that would be cheating.

Can you post a drawing of what you are trying to achieve, preferably showing the various stages that need to be achieved (before and after). There are often a variety of ways that can be used, but knowing exactly what is needed helps. From the sound of it you might need to use chained actions or just multiple actions linked to one parameter with an angle offset.

Hi steven-g

I wish to stretch the double door from one insertion point to fit an overall structural opening. I can stretch, scale etc. a single swing door but I am out of my depth on the double because of the scale. I have tried my best to show a visual example of how I would like the doors to look when stretched in the block.

Dynamic Double Door.dwg

• 3 years later...

Hi Steven! Any chance I can get that step by step dynamic door file ?

I can stretch the double doors and opening width, but the swing line of the door panel doesn't seem to want to scale properly. When I scale the door back down, the swing line becomes bigger than the door panel. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks! 
Conrad

dynamic double door.jpg

Edited by Conrad
added image

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at image on right the doors do not meet you have a gap. hence radius is say 1/2 gap is correct. Gets complicated making all the rules work.

5 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

Looking at image on right the doors do not meet you have a gap. hence radius is say 1/2 gap is correct. Gets complicated making all the rules work.

Similarly, it looks as if the doors on the middle image are too long, rather than the arcs too small; obviously, this measns that the action on the doors is wrong, rather than the one on the swing...

dJE