Problems with Wrap Tool

gotchy

I am attempting to put round holes around a hollow cylinder using the Wrap Feature. I have moved the right plane slightly over the outer surface of the cylinder and created my hole sketch on the plane. After making the hole using the Wrap tool and deboss, I am attempting to put more instances of the hole around the cylinder using the Circular Pattern tool. I am getting 2 rebuild error messages. I have been advised to "Set the wrap sketch coincident with the axis".

Will someone here please decypher this for me and tell me exactly how to go about doing what is advised? Please be specific, if I don't even know what it means, this shows you how much of a newbie I am.

Thank you,

Gotchy

I replied to this last night bit it didn't show up. Ill shorten it here.

Wrap tool pattern should be fine what warnings are you getting?

Notes on wrap, if you take a circle on a plane and wrap it on a cylinder you now have an ellipse. If you need a true circle then use extrude cut with the end condition "offswt from surface" you have options like "translate surface" which doesn't offset it just moves the outside face. Its more apparent on larger cuts. You may have to "reverse cut" based on the location of your sketch.

Both extrude cut and wrap will pattern.

The advice someone gave you won't change your outcome. They were saying to put your sketch plane at the origin of your circles origin. So if you drew the initial cylinder at the origin on the top plane then use the right plane for your wrap sketch. You can try but I think the error must be something else.