Autocad 2016 assign key to cancel

mickeforsberg

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with assigning a new shortcut key to the Cancel command alongside with ESCAPE.

I have followed this guide: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Redefining-F1-key-to-use-Cancel-command.html

And also tried just dragged the Cancel command to the keyboard shortcuts.

However, it does not cancel the way that ESCAPE does. The command pane does not say anything. Although when for example Circle tool is active, when pressing the newly assigned F1 key, it seems to cancel the tool.

But if I want to cancel a selection, nothing happens. It adds an empty row in the command history. If I have ^C^C (double), it adds two empty rows. Shouldn't it say "*cancel*"?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

There is a difference between cancel and deselect, in the cui take a look at the macro that is used for the cancel command. Following the example in the link you gave just cancels any active commands it doesn't cancel a selection, for that you need to use

^C^C^P_ai_deselect^P

There is a difference between cancel and deselect, in the cui take a look at the macro that is used for the cancel command. Following the example in the link you gave just cancels any active commands it doesn't cancel a selection, for that you need to use
^C^C^P_ai_deselect^P

Thank you very much! This worked. The key I actually want to assign is NUMPAD0, as an alternative to ESCAPE, but in the case of cancelling for example a text edit, this doesn't work as intended. But it seems like it deselects/cancels everything else. I'm happy with that!

I'm in the process of making my life a little bit easier with a wireless numpad with shortcut keys configured to it. Too bad I don't seem to be able to assign any other keys than 0-9.