AutoCAD Sword Modeling

mirzaawais

HI Everyone i am trying to Build this Sword in AuTocad its very simple but some how i can't make a sharp corner for the blade if anyone has Suggestion about it. ?

456.jpg

I'm guessing that sword has a hollow ground blade. Is that correct?

What have you produced so far? Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post?

Edited by ReMark

My halfhearted attempt at creating a hollow ground blade. Note that it is comprised of three sections. The long straight section is a solid while the other two sections are surfaces. Visual style = Conceptual.

Maybe I should not have tried this until I had my usual ten cups of coffee as my brain is still in a sleep fog.:?

For what it is worth...

BladeRunner_1.jpg

If I had to fully explain what I did I don't think I could. Someone smarter than me will figure it out though and post a real solution. It was interesting to say the least. Thanks for the challenge.

Getting better?:unsure:

Constructed this using five surfaces (really...despite the way it looks) and it went pretty quickly this time.

BladeRunner_2.JPG

Not step will be to construct as a solid. Consider it a work-in-progress.:lol:

I wish you could explain how you did it. i would love to know how to draw this.

After my tenth cup of coffee. I'm on number eight right now.:lol:

Haven't tried it yet but I wonder if the sword blade could be created using a couple of solids, of the appropriate shapes, and the INTERFERE command? Just thinking.:unsure:

Blade as a 3D model. Not quite there yet though as I have a slight anomaly (both sides) where the blue arrow is pointing.

BladeRunner_3.JPG

The easy answer still alludes me. Curses! Foiled again.:x

Edited by ReMark

It was easier than I thought after all. The image below is a 3D solid through and through (tip to tail). I took a half profile of the blade in plan view and extruded a half profile of the blade in section along it. I then sliced the result mirrored the remainder and finally unioned the two halves together. Visual style = Realistic.

BladeRunner5.jpg

I admit my blade is easier because it is straight for the most part unlike the OP's. Perhaps if I get a chance I'll tackle the blade shape shown in his posted image. Or perhaps not. All depends on how much coffee I drink.

It looks really good! You and that coffee hahaha :lol:

Would it be possible for you to post the .dwg? I would very much be interested in playing around with it. Let me know ReMark. Thank you

Miller

Pieces of skin, muscle and fat cut from the soft underbelly of my foes.:twisted:

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa! Puny demi-gods.....(Hulk voice)

I'd attach the drawing but then you'd have to deal with all my false starts and mistakes.:ouch::lol: I usually leave these kinds of things in a drawing like this so I can remind myself later what not do you when I pick up the drawing and start working on it again. A day or two after it appears the OP got what he/she wanted I usually just delete the drawing.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy. You've been warned though.:lol:

Lol! Roger that sir. I will make sure that I keep that in mind and no judgement will be passed, not that you would care even if I had. haha

My thought process tends to be scrambled when I do these sort of one-offs while attempting to assist someone. My mind is going in several directions at once so I will try something, change my mind, leave it and try something else all in the same drawing.

OK...email has been sent. Beware the chaos.