Is it possible to add a plus one?

squareknees

When you are inserting a viewport title is it possible to have the block add 1 to the previous number?

EX: I insert a label for a viewport of an elevation the label reads 1 also elevation and the scale of the viewport. Could I have it set up that when I add another label to the same layout it would automatically bring it in as labeled 2 and so on...

I know that if I had the time or the money I could get a lisp routine to do it.. I have neither time (to learn how to make a lisp routine or write one) or money. I just wanted to know if it was possible or if there is already a command like that.

I know that I will get suggested to use sheet sets yet alas I cannot. Sheet sets do not work for me, our office keeps everything in one drawing file, this makes most of the 'advantages' of a sheet set unnecessary and way more difficult then just doing it the old fashioned way.

Besides the fact that my boss would have a cow.. He doesn't like polylines and really hates blocks and with dynamic blocks don't get me started.... Yet with all of these he copes if I added sheet sets I may no longer have a job.

I know that I will get suggested to use sheet sets yet alas I cannot. Sheet sets do not work for me, our office keeps everything in one drawing file, this makes most of the 'advantages' of a sheet set unnecessary and way more difficult then just doing it the old fashioned way.

Besides the fact that my boss would have a cow.. He doesn't like polylines and really hates blocks and with dynamic blocks don't get me started.... Yet with all of these he copes if I added sheet sets I may no longer have a job.

Do not be afraid.

Worldwide, 70% of users AutoCAD working only in model space.

Print multiple formats in a single model, or to create layout of them have different ways.

If you are using layout, one viewport = one layout, then it is easier to set numbers.

Where did you read that worldwide 70% of AutoCAD users work only in model space?

I provide technical support for additional programs for AutoCAD.

Europe, Israel, India - mostly model. Russia - 90% of the model.

You provide technical support to add-on programs for AutoCAD? Why are you still using AutoCAD 2009?

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space? I find that difficult to believe.

I have looked at lee-mac.com before but I wasn't looking for this issue. so this may be the answer.

Thanks,

BTW...

I am in Minnesota, small cabinetry company, although I have done almost everything in drafting. I have my degree in Interior Design, and not allowed to design anything. My talents are wasted here yet not a lot of work out there...

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space?

I'm not sure how that equates to 70% worldwide, either. In my experience, I see 99% using paperspace and multiple tabs.

You provide technical support to add-on programs for AutoCAD? Why are you still using AutoCAD 2009?

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space? I find that difficult to believe.

2009 is the official version.o:)

It's true. I am an engineer in 2004, and I have not seen a single person who took Autodesk training, all trained themselves.

Just a few of these people are writing on the forums

The simpler - so reliable. How to pencil in space.

We moved from the question topic.

Author - you attach a sample file that you need, it will be a faster solution to the issue.

I have looked at lee-mac.com before but I wasn't looking for this issue. so this may be the answer.

Thanks,

BTW...

I am in Minnesota, small cabinetry company, although I have done almost everything in drafting. I have my degree in Interior Design, and not allowed to design anything. My talents are wasted here yet not a lot of work out there...

Well I'd start looking just the same before you haul off and punch your boss square in the nose one of these days. Has he always been a rectum void?

Incremental Numbering Suite program description includes these opening lines...

"Incremental Numbering Suite enables the user to dynamically place incrementing alphabetical or numerical text in a drawing, with a range of positioning utilities and an optional prefix and/or suffix.

The sequential text can be created using Text, MText or Attributed Blocks; furthermore, the style and formatting of these objects can be altered directly from the main dialog, with all settings remembered between drawing sessions."