How do I Join an Ellipse to a Circle?

Hello,

I need to join an ellipse to a circle then trim the ellipse but keep the whole thing joined. I know how to trim. But I can not join the trimmed to the circle.

HELP!!!!

Richard

I just figured out, if I use an ellipse arc then the joining works.

BUT if there is another way I would like to learn it!!!

Just as I thought.

First, it appears all your ellipses are part of a block. You can't join an entity like an arc (part of a circle) to a block.

Second, you neglected to set the system variable PELLIPSE to a value of 1 (default is 0 ).

Third, you'll have to erase and recreate the block using the Array command, explode it, then use PEDIT > Multiple >Join to join the arc segments and all of the ellipses.

And that's all there is to it.

Of course you could just create one quadrant array it, explode the array, then PEDIT > Join it.

Remark - THANK YOU!!

How do I 'set the system variable PELLIPSE to a value of 1'?

What seemed to work that I JUST tries is edit the source of the array. Join the elements then save the edit. The whole unit became one! ;)