draw own subassembly to attach to assembly?

dcc

is it possible to draw your own object to attach to an assembly?

I need to draw a 2x1 gabion wall (simple rectangle to fix to a point on my existing assembly)

Not sure if I have over complicated the explanation of what I want to do, somebody replied yesterday but it seems to have been deleted?

How can I go about drawing a rectangle (gabion) and adding it to an existing subassembly?

Thanks

ah ha! figured out what my problem was.

There is an option under Home > Create Design > Create Subassembly from Polyline

When using this before I couldn't get it to show up, finally found that I had not selected a drop down option correctly.

The 'Code Set Style' value needed to be set to 'Assembly Creation', but was defaulted to the hatched option.

I have since managed to draw the outline of my 'gabion' for my purposes, attach to an assembly, create the cross sections as required and work out the daylights and cut/fill options from this!

Please not that I only need to do this to get a plan view so I haven't ventured into the world of Codes yet. Being self taught with Civil 3D is very satisfying, but to find this solution I required a bit of help (sadly I don't get paid to trouble shoot my program use limitations! :) )

I hope this can help somebody in the future who has a similar issue