layers and objects not visible in paper space

Hi, I got the cad files from the architect and used it to develop our shop drawings. On the floor plans, the notes / attributes shown on the floor plans are not visible in the paper space. I checked the properties of the layers and none of them are frozen or turned off. Can someone help tell me why they are not shown in the paper space?

I have attached the cad file below. the file is in 2013 version.

Thank you.

CMI-Shopdrawings-WV-FloorPlans.dwg

Because these are annotative objects, and they do not have the viewport scale associated with them. By the way, the viewport came up with no particular scale assigned to it. It should be 1:100

I added the viewport scale to a few of the objects, and they show now. I re-attached the drawing. Careful where you save it, I did not rename it.

To fix them select them, ( I used SELECTSIMILAR to select all like objects at once) Then open properties, click on the button at the end of the Annotative Scale line item, click Add, click the scale of your viewport you want the objects to appear in, click all the OK buttons.

See image.

CMI-Shopdrawings-WV-FloorPlans.dwg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dana W
NOT FINISHED

That one had me pretty confused, but I got it.

The polyline in paperspace is not a Viewport.

I created a viewport in paperspace, and if you reset your ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable to 1, all of those annotative bits in modelspace will display in your viewport, regardless of the scale of the viewport.

I don't use Annotative notes, like to do them in paperspace, so this was a good little puzzle for me.

Seems that Dana has beaten me to it. :)

Ah well, the important thing is that you are back on the tracks! :beer:

a good annotative exercise.jpg

There was a viewport there. it is the result of creating a viewport from an existing polygon (the rectangle). They don't get their own frames when you do that. The drawing opened in modelspace through a viewport that already had its extents zoomed off screen.

One should NEVER close a drawing in that condition. The next person will have no idea at all that they are in a viewport, especially in a version that doesn't have a MODEL/PAPER toggle button.

Thank you both very much.

I set the ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable to 1, and now the missing objects are now shown.

I will surely do my homework to learn more about these commands. I know there is a viewport there, so it didn't confuse me:-). But I will make changes to the viewport to make it more obvious.

Again, thank you very much.

Thank you both very much.

I set the ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable to 1, and now the missing objects are now shown.

I will surely do my homework to learn more about these commands. I know there is a viewport there, so it didn't confuse me:-). But I will make changes to the viewport to make it more obvious.

Again, thank you very much.

Glad it is sorted out. Remember though,that just being able to see them doesn't make the annotative objects the right size per the current view annotative scale. That is why I didn't mention the ANNOALLVISIBLE variable yet.

• 2 years later...

Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you!  Dana W.  I have spent 1+ hour trying to figure this all out.  I got the idea above that these tags are really "Annotations."   That lead me to your suggestion to set the ANNOALLVISIBLE to "1."  I did and 100+ furniture tags magically appeared!!!!!!!!!  Oh, did I say Thank You!  Thank You! Thank You!  I should now be able to get my install drawings to my PM by 8:00 AM when she gets in tomorrow morning.