Align command in lisp format...

svippala

Hi,

we are many objects in once place like( Circles, Lines, Blocks, text, etc) we need move and align to another location we found in that location we have more than 4 source points we have identity. we need aling command in lisp formate for 4 or more points. Can you plz help us for thous align command using with 4 or more source points and destination points...to align at a time

thanks

sudha

unable to translate the cod from Russian language to English. unable get this command how to use..

see the attachment sample need to align 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 using with 4 point

Sampleexample.jpg

Edited by svippala

Hi,

See this thread, and try Stefan's code:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?85946-Align-objects-with-2-clicks/page3

In line 81 change "_n" to "_y" so the objects would be scaled.

Usage example:

1. Select objects to align (for example select yellow ones)

2. Pick a source line (for example select the shorter side of the yellow rectangle)

3. Pick a destination line (select the shorter side of the cyan rectangle)

Note: be careful what side of the line or pline's segment you pick for source and destination line

For example left side of the source segment to the left of destination segment.

Try it few times and you'll get used to it.

HTH

....see the attachment sample need to align 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 using with 4 point

I can't understand why you would need to align using 4 points. I would use only two. It seems to be a matter of scaling and rotating only.

Perhaps if you could attach a sample drawing file, I would be able to understand your working method.

I can't understand why you would need to align using 4 points. I would use only two. It seems to be a matter of scaling and rotating only.

Perhaps if you could attach a sample drawing file, I would be able to understand your working method.

i am attached here only for sample image we have data files to align.if we are using 2 pints unable to fit the scale and rotation angle correct so we need 4 pints align. lisp plz help me.

Eldon the lisp link above refers to the "Helmert transformation" which is a rubber map procedure rather than a simple scale about 2 points its used in GIS all the time to make objects fit in a certain area. Think of it as a 4 sided piece of stretchable material it allows for more than 4 points. Some objects move and stretch/shrink more than others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmert_transformation

My comment would be that circles would not remain circles when using any rubberisation procedure on the OP's original image. It looked to be a straight rotation and scaling in 2D, i.e. the ALIGN command could be used.

Appearances can be deceiving. But it is not clear to me what the OP requires.

What is it not aligning properly?

Without a drawing file showing details of what you are trying to align with what, we can only guess.

• 2 weeks later...

as per text identification Number 1 (Terminal) to number 1 (pole) like 1 to 1 , 2 to 2 etc. same as like horizontal lines also there in some drawing. we need to modify as per poles lines.

Sucked me into looking at dwg makes no sense at all. Need more information a before a after dwg. The distances between 1-2-3-4 in both plan and section etc are all different so no idea.

as per text identification Number 1 (Terminal) to number 1 (pole) like 1 to 1 , 2 to 2 etc. same as like horizontal lines also there in some drawing. we need to modify as per poles lines.

In order for us to help you (and we are trying very hard), please imagine that we do not have the same technical knowledge about Terminals and poles as you do. We are just concerned with putting lines in the correct place in the drawing.

So it would be very helpful if you could show a picture or drawing that shows what you have tried to do, and the reason for the failure.

In the picture (now with points removed), I have put the block "bb" in various attitudes, scaled and rotated, at the numbered places. Have I got it right in any place?

WhatAligns2.PNG

Untitled.pngPlz find the attachment the file after align the data cables and terminals like as per jpg. Some data also available in poles and terminals both are link with pole number.

I am afraid that I still do not see your problem. There is nothing to align. ALIGN is about rotating and scaling. Perhaps ALIGN is not the command you want. The commands Rotate and Move would be more appropriate, for the separate elements.

Perhaps you want one button to push that does all the work.