Upgraded to Mechancal 2008. Some things suck.

kevinj45

Have a few things that I preferred 2005 to 2008, and I have to think there is a way to force 2008 into looking like 2005 in these aspects.

Layer manager box. This new one sucks ass. Can I really not hit a "," and have it return a new layer when I create a new layer? Do I really ahve to hit the "New layer" button twice for every new layer I create? I have assemblies with hundreds of unique parts, all of which have to be on a unique layer. I want the 2005 layer dialog box back.

XREFs. I understand that the command for the old xref box is "classicxref". Do I really need to type that everytime to invoke this box?

More to come.

Thanks.

I have Mech 2009 and the comma between layer names works so I can't help with that one.

The xref palette is easy to learn and I quickly forgot about the classic one. You can always assign a letter or two in the pgp file to call up the classicxref dialog, but at some point it will go away so learning the new one is the way to go.

I have Mech 2009 and the comma between layer names works so I can't help with that one.

The xref palette is easy to learn and I quickly forgot about the classic one. You can always assign a letter or two in the pgp file to call up the classicxref dialog, but at some point it will go away so learning the new one is the way to go.

Thanks for the reply. How about the interfere command?

Do I really have to uncheck the "Create interference" radial button everytime I want to do this? Why is that even there?????