Video adaptor needed

chubarka

I would appreciate someone to recommend a video adaptor that would work in collaboration with the Real View Graphics feature of Solidworks.

The last one I had was an Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 , that I was not pleased with. I know it has to be an Nvidia, but I could use the number that would yield decent quality. I am using an I-5 machine with 6GB of RAM, if it matters.

Thank you,

Chubarka

Its a tough call because 6gb of ram isnt enough to support a good card. Anything that has memory(for example an Nvidia card with 2gb ram) it actually blocks that much of your physical ram. It all comes down to budget and what you actually want to do. I almost never use realview and I have an overclocked machine with lots of ram and had(until it died) a quadro5000 card.

I would get as much ram as possible amd stick with a k800-k2200 for a card. Thats $100-$400 range