Left hand version and Right hand version auto dimensiong issue

oryon

Hi, I have a model which is in LHV, and all the dimensions have been done in 2D drawing. Now I would like to have a RHV .By creating a plane and mirror the whole model from LHV to RHV and it work fine. The question is for the 2D drawing, what should I do to get the all dimensioning automatically like mirror the whole model in 3D? I tried to open the LHV 2D drawing by reading the file of RHV, all the view and dimensions created was gone and I need to re-do the dimensioning again for RHV like what I do in LHV.

Yes, that is correct. Files that share similar model edges don't have this issue, but you are completely reversing the view, then the lines selected previously will not show up on the reversed view.

You can get around this by dimensioning to work planes or origin plane datums in your drawing. It takes longer on the initial dimensioning but should allow you do what you want in a smoother manner.

MarkFlayler, what do you mean that "dimensioning to work planes or origin plane datums in your drawing" .I'm fresh to inventor, please kindly explain it. :D

First, you have to model your design using Work Features as termination planes or datum references in the part model. Then in the drawing if you expand your model browser to the view you are dimensioning you can right click on the part and choose to include Work Features. From that you can then dimension to the work features using GDT or normal dimensioning techniques.

Since you are fairly new to Inventor either research this fully or dimension or other part over again. If you do this ALOT then I would research it, if you do not, then just redo it.