Frozen/Turned Off Layers Still Printing

The Nickster

Using AutoCAD 2016. I got a new background from an architect and have mechanical and plumbing backgrounds xref'd into my electrical drawing. I froze and turned off the room name layers from the other drawings so I wouldn't have them double up when I print, VISRETAIN is set to (1). Layers that are frozen/turned off and put on NO PLOT setting are still printing. When I close and save the drawing then reopen, the layers that I froze/turned off show back up. Frustrating beyond belief! See attached pic for example of what I'm talking about.

Example.PNG

Correction: this error only occurs when I PUBLISH the drawing, if I PLOT it, the settings stay. Is there some kind of toggle in the Publish dialogue box or some kind of setting that I can set for publish?

• 4 weeks later...

Shot in the dark here.

Do the plumbing and mechanical XREFs have mechanical and plumbing XREFs in them? If so, make sure those XREFs are set to OVERLAY or alternatively change the layer properties for those XREF'd layers.

• 4 years later...

Late reply but I had a similar issue and what fixed it for me was visretain = 1.

When I went to publish it must have been taking the settings of the xref as precedent over what I had in my drawing.