can't overkill this drawing

cat3appr

Having got a CSV file with just the x, y per line, I would open this up in Wordpad. Then in the AutoCAD drawing I would start the polyline command and the command line says "Specify start point". Then I would go back to the Wordpad file, select everything with Cntrl A, then copy everything with Cntrl C. Back to AutoCAD, click in the command line and paste all the data with Cntrl V. After a few seconds, the polyline line will be drawn, but you will have to finish off the command with another "Enter". Job done.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cat3appr

• eldon

• RobDraw

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having got a CSV file with just the x, y per line, I would open this up in Wordpad. Then in the AutoCAD drawing I would start the polyline command and the command line says "Specify start point". Then I would go back to the Wordpad file, select everything with Cntrl A, then copy everything with Cntrl C. Back to AutoCAD, click in the command line and paste all the data with Cntrl V. After a few seconds, the polyline line will be drawn, but you will have to finish off the command with another "Enter". Job done.

i don't think so... this is not an Easting, Northing to be plotted in plan view, i know how to do that. but this is a profile... it cannot be plotted so simply. it also bears an exaggeration of 40... there has to be a specific lisp for this

That is why you have to get the CSV file with the correct information. The profile is drawn with the relevant information in the proper columns. A profile is chainage and offset as x and y. In the spreadsheet, you can multiply by 40 to get the exaggeration. Manipulation of the data is necessary to get what you want to be drawn.

That is why you have to get the CSV file with the correct information. The profile is drawn with the relevant information in the proper columns. A profile is chainage and offset as x and y. In the spreadsheet, you can multiply by 40 to get the exaggeration. Manipulation of the data is necessary to get what you want to be drawn.

But I have the CSV, and I've also uploaded here for , here it is download

Screenshot - 29_07_2016 , 08_49_55.png

With all the necessary info: the green tube of the DWG is the TOP ( column E), all the profiles are ordered by KP (kilmeter post) but the company expressed it in meters (pretty stupid ) which in reality a KP should be indeed expressed in kilometers, so 0.001 = 1m, so i added a column B where I divided column A by 1000.

Column G and H are the other 2 profiles to be plotted

download

( KP = 0.300 --> 300m from zero, and not 300.000)

Screenshot - 29_07_2016 , 08_56_26.jpg

can anyone help with plotting this profile at a vertical exaggeration of 1:50 ?

I am afraid that I do not have the time to go through all the data. There are 80502 lines in your spreadsheet. This is the data for nearly 6 km of pipe. In other words there is a data point every 75mm on average. For a pipeline in the sea, that is really excessive, and it is giving you your problems in your drawing.

The way that I would approach this is to use one spreadsheet for all the calculations. To my mind, it is easier to keep to one unit of length throughout.

The amount of data must be filtered, using a reasonable criteria of extracting evenly spaced data.

Using the spreadsheet, it is then easy to multiply the depths by 40 or 50 to give different vertical exaggerations. When you have the necessary calculations done, save the spread sheet first as a spreadsheet, and then delete columns until you have the necessary two that you want to draw, and then save that as a differently named CSV file. Now you are all ready to draw these as polylines in the drawing.

I personally am not clever enough to do all these calculations with lisp in AutoCAD, and I prefer to manipulate the data first.

• 2 weeks later...