Flow Arrow on complicated polyline

GiiMoo09

Good Day!

I was just wondering if there is an available lisp for making a flow arrow just like in the picture I have attached. Right now I'm just drawing it by array command then trimming one by one. copying triangular hatch at each end point and rotating it to its direction.

I'm new to AutoCAD and hoping that I can learn some techniques to fasten my work. (especially using LISP) :)

TYI!

Capture.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Sir. But I already tried that based on the methods I have searched here in the forum. I used the makeshape and makelinetype command and I got a different result on complicated curves in my PL. Take a look at the picture I attached.

Thx.

Capture2.jpg

Thanks for the reply Sir. But I already tried that based on the methods I have searched here in the forum. I used the makeshape and makelinetype command and I got a different result on complicated curves in my PL. Take a look at the picture I attached.

Thx.

Did you have line type generation turned on? Should be in your polyline properties.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thank you jammie and iconio!

my only problem now is that how can I make my Arrow line followed the curved path? because it remains straight even in the curve part.

BTW. can I include hatch in my mkshape?

TY!

Capture3.jpg

Maybe don't have it be one line but series of short lines so it can better follow the arc path.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Try plinegen 1

We have linetypes with shx in them this is a shape file in a linetype, looking at image above its so short its probably no possible to get it precise.

*BATTING,Batting SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A,.00254,-2.54,[bAT,ltypeshp.shx,x=-2.54,s=2.54],-5.08,[bAT,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=2.54,s=2.54],-2.54

A hatch inside a shape is not possible. But you can create multiple lines to mimic a hatch.

Personally I would use the standard 'ZIG' shape:

*ARROWS,Arrows -> -> ->
A,1,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,r=-90,x=-0.25,y=0.25,s=0.25],-1

Follow jammie's suggestion but leave the tail off the arrow. You should also try Array > Path and see if the results are more to your liking.

Try this one

*ARROW,Arrow1  >  >  >  >  >  >  >  
A,.000001,-3,["\U+25BA",Standard,S=3,R=0,X=-1.35,Y=-1.35],.000001,-4

Works on curves for me, you may need to adjust the LTSCALE and tweak it a little.

Flow Arrow Line.jpg

This is the one I use:

*FLOWDIRECTION,Flowline Direction--> . . --> . . --> . . --> . . -->
A,.25,[">",Standard,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.075,Y=-0.0429],-.125,0,-.125,0,-.125,.25,-.125,0,-.125,0,-.125

Wow. So many replies. Thanks for the help Mams and Sirs.

I'm new to this forum but I already felt welcomed.

haha.. I'll try all of your suggestions and possibly ask questions again if I encounter any.

Thank you!

Try this one

*ARROW,Arrow1  >  >  >  >  >  >  >  
A,.000001,-3,["\U+25BA",Standard,S=3,R=0,X=-1.35,Y=-1.35],.000001,-4

Works on curves for me, you may need to adjust the LTSCALE and tweak it a little.

Looks nice, what font is your "Standard" text style set to? Arial or Times New Roman work ok.

Edited by tombu

Our Standard is Arial, Times New Romans will also work. "\U+25BA" is a Unicode character BLACK RIGHT-POINTING POINTER.

See THIS and THIS

We use AutoCAD's Swis 721 Lt BT as it is both compact and easily readable. It only substitutes Unicode characters like "\U+25BA" in Mtext not Dtext or Linetype definitions, while others like "\U+2022" used for solid dot work fine. I have used an Arial text style for when needed.

Sad that Complex Linetypes came out one version before Mtext. Had it been the other way around maybe linetypes could reference fonts directly the way you can in mtext. Middle center justification with background mask would eliminate the X, Y, and spacing for text and make using complex linetypes a snap.

FileFormat.Info is one of my favorite references as well as ASCII Characters and Web Characters. They're referenced on my home page along with common Alt+ Characters. The two sections of AutoCAD links and shortcuts match my AutoCad background (charcoal) and text (white) colors.

• 3 years later...

Virat: The linetypes displayed in this thread are created with custom linetype definitions.  They are NOT lisp routines.  There are at least four unique linetypes their creators have graciously posted (see the text displayed in the light blue highlighted portion of the thread) that you can copy and add to Autocad.  Linetype definitions can be copied to the folder that holds the AutoCAD acad.lin file separately or you can edit acad.lin, in the appropriate place, so the definition will be automatically loaded.