Filled regions and components

arkinetico

Hi, when I create a filled region, for example in a bathroom or in a kitchen, all the components disappears. Then if I edit the filled region and make it transparent the patterns can be seen through the components. Somebody can show me how to fix this? and yes, i'm a rookie in Revit

I think it is like drawing over a viewport, so a solution is to use transparency.

what other options do you have except using filled regions?

but then again, I'm not deeply involved in revit..

But as I said, using transparency the patterns can be seen through the components. It only works when I make a boundary in each component but takes a lot of time and is not practical. When making floor plans for presentation usually it's needed to do patterns in bathrooms and kitchens that seem like tiles.

Why not apply a tile finish to your floors? It sounds like you are expecting filled regions to behave like hatches in AutoCAD. Filled regions are not intelligent at all, they are a far cry from the functionality of hatches.