HELP: CAD crashed and all text in all files corrupted

samanthaberzina

Hello

My first post here, hello!

I apologise if this something that has been on the forum before, I have tried to google this, but to no avail.

CAD crashed on me today and after this, it seems all my text is corrupted - some letters and symbols are in correct fonts and some are not. It is in every file I open, however only when viewed in my computer. I have tried to PURGE and AUDIT, RECOVERY. I can't edit the text either - when I try to change the offending fonts, it does not do anything at all). I have not had to deal with that many CAD problems in the past so I might be overlooking something really basic. Any help would be appreciated.

Image of the text attached. It also shows like this if I plot to PDF or on paper.

Thanks, Sam

CAD.jpg

My guess is the path statement is different after the crash. See Options, Files, Support File Search Path. Compare yours to another computer where the file views correctly. You can try a different windows profile on your computer and see if the text is correct.

My guess is the path statement is different after the crash. See Options, Files, Support File Search Path. Compare yours to another computer where the file views correctly. You can try a different windows profile on your computer and see if the text is correct.

Wow, thank you so much!

I went in Options and just reset the Support File Search Path for Fonts. It seems to have done the trick. Checked few other files and they are all good.