Attribute text style reverts to Standard

Defpoints

I have a block with an attribute definition. The text style of the attribute is set to SA-Text. In a new drawing, with the SA-Text text style already defined, the text style of the attribute reverts to Standard when the block is inserted. Any ideas?

The file is clean when I insert the block - no copies of the block. Attsync did not resolve the issue.

After doing some troubleshooting earlier, we discovered that the block is OK when inserted into a canned AutoCAD template, but does not work when inserted into a template we have created. Is there a system variable or a template setting that may control?

System variables wouldn't affect this. There is something about your template doing this. You verified that by trying different templates.

Does that text style exist in the template with the proper definition?

Is this font, that is assigned to the style, a custom one or one not typically found on most computers? If so, it may be a font substitution setting.

The text style is defined in the template - the template was used to make the drawing with the blocks and then purged out.

I have tried to rename the text style in the block drawing and insert it into the new drawing, but it still reverts to the standard text style and the named text style does not come into the drawing. The command line does not give any errors or indication of why.

The font is Century Gothic.

A new wrinkle... it works if I copy and paste the block from one file into the other, but it does not work if I go through the design center. Is this what you did?

If I copy and paste the block, it looks fine. If I insert the same block through the design center, it reverts to the Standard text style. It even did so in the same drawing... I copied the block and then inserted the same block through design center, first one was fine, and the second one was wrong [the same block definition in the same drawing].

Bump

Anyone have any thoughts? is a design center quirk?

Summary of the problem: When using the design center to drag and drop a block into a drawing, the text style for attribute definitions within the block is changing back to Standard. The block file does not have a "Standard" text style, nor does the file the block is being inserted into. When the same block is copy and paste into the drawing file, it works fine.

I looked into all of the system variables associated with the design center, but none seemed relevant to the issue.