Crosshair Angle?

PeteUK

How do you set the crosshairs to be at an angle of say 30 degrees?

And also, if you open a drawing with the cross hairs already set to an unknown angle, how do you reset them to 0 and 90 degrees?

Cheers!

go to Tools|Drafting Settings|Snap & Grid.

Play as much as you like! Normal setting is for rectangular snap for orthoganol work or isometric snap if you are drawing in isometric. If working in isometric CTRL+E will step you around the planes.

thanks for that.

Ive got a drawing that has an unknown angled crosshair but when I typed in SNAPANG the value is 0.0000 - yet the cross hairs appear around 20ish degrees?

Also note that SNAPANG can be called transparently, so you can change it in the middle of a command.

Command: ._LINE
Specify first point:
Specify next point or [undo]: 'snapang
>>Enter new value for SNAPANG <0.000r>: 1.5r
Resuming .LINE command.
Specify next point or [undo]:  <Ortho on>
Specify next point or [undo]: 'snapang
>>Enter new value for SNAPANG <1.500r>: 3r
Resuming .LINE command.
Specify next point or [undo]:
Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:

• 2 years later...

Cross hair style

Hello Sir thanks for your respond.

In my mind, to create a new ( my own ) crosshair style.is it possible?

Please advise.

• 5 months later...

2008 has a command STP_SETCURRSA which allows you to select a line in your drawing and set the crosshairs to that angle. similarly, there is a command to snap them back to 0. This command no longer is supported in 2010. Anyone know how to easily make this happen? It's far faster to use a key command sequence to do this than a series of menus (assuming it's still even possible). Anyone know?

I went to that webpage, searched it for the command I'm looking for and it isn't listed. Are you saying that the command is not an AutoCad command? That it's part of a second party program (which may or may not be part of the discussion on that web page)? Is there a way around this where I could program a button or insert a short lisp routine to get me where I need to go? It is a highly useful tool that now is no longer available to me. I hope there is a way to retrieve it!

Thanks for your help!

Are you saying that the command is not an AutoCad command?

I thought I made that fairly explicit in post #12

Is there a way around this where I could program a button or insert a short lisp routine to get me where I need to go? It is a highly useful tool that now is no longer available to me. I hope there is a way to retrieve it!

Thanks for your help!

Add this to your acaddoc.lsp file

(defun c:ue () (command "ucs" "ob"))
(defun c:up () (command "ucs" "p"))

This will make the commands UE and UP. The new command UE will align the UCS to an object; UP will realign the UCS to its previous state.

Thank you for the answer - not for the attitude. I'm sorry if some of us aren't as intelligent as you are. You're superiority was clearly noticed by your knowledge. The attitude "I thought I made that fairly explicit in post #12" only made you appear arrogant. You should have stopped at "intelligent."

Good day