How to start Acad with /switch to close dialog boxes?

rhgrafix

I've been using Autocad 2017 hobbyist/student version for a few months, all was going well until I wanted to play with materials. I downloaded medium resolution materials, installed service pack 1, went well. Got materials to work. If I tried hitting things in dialog box without waiting a few seconds for lines to populate, I'd get a fatal error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 459fda4h, ff31fda4h, 209fda4h etc. I can't close (docked) dialog boxes before fatal error so I tried switches in shortcut, like /safemode, /nohardware, no change. Is there a switch that closes all dialog boxes on start up? I tried: Cntl+0 clean screen, Cntl+3 toggle tool palettes, Cntl+Shft+H hide palettes at startup, I even renamed the acad.cfg to see if it would build a new one. I also used control panel uninstall/repair to repair it. I'm using Lenovo Yoga 11e laptop, Intel N2940 Quad-Core, above minimal specs for program to run.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Ramon

If you close ALL dialog boxes how do you expect some commands to work since not all commands that activate a dialog box have a command line version?

Have you heard of the system variable CMDDIA? Well before you get too excited there is a caveat to using it. Read this...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-CFB4A601-A0BF-49F0-856B-EEE1543A7E03-htm.html

Edited by ReMark