Virtual Component - Part List

MisterJingles

Hi all

Please bear with me as a new IV user.

I am having some trouble with the data showing in the Parts List in my Inventor .dwg and hope someone can show me where I am going wrong.

I created a steel profile (Galv. U Channel) and added 2 variations of fasteners as Virtual Components. I did this by creating one and then patterning them to the required quantity.

When I add one of these sections as a view in my .dwg and create the Part List the data populates fine (See below)

PL1.JPG

However when I have more than one of the profiles in the view the fastener quantities don't update. (See below)

PL2.JPG

Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks

Thanks czc, no I hadn't seen that post, however it doesn't really address my problem.

The U Channel I am using in the example is a fixed length and therefore I will always require a fixed number of fasteners per length. I just need that number to multiply by the amount of U Channel.

Further to this when I add other steel sections which use the same fastener I need my part list to sum them automatically.

So I resolved this issue this morning, I had not enabled the parts view in my BOM. In my defence I had warned that I was a new IV user.

It is now working as I expected.

Thanks for the help.