What would be the intrest in a CADTutor IM or Chat area?

f700es

What kind of IM or Chat would you like to see?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of IM or Chat would you like to see?

• A web based system at the CADTutor forum
    • A IM client based system
    • Don't care for one at all

Still voting thumbs down on this one. I already spend so much time here I'm seriously asking for a pay raise. What's 10% of nothing? Oh, silly me...it's still nothing. Better start selling pencils on the street corner.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• f700es

• ReMark

• Norts

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
No, chat area is not required those who want one to one can use other mesanger service.

agreed, there's too many chat systems out there at the moment anyway. (msn messenger, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, AOL IM - just to name a few):)

• 1 month later...

As a junior member (at time of writing) I have has so many questions answered just by using the search feature so I really would like to see all public conversations as they can be pretty insightful.

I don't see the benefit and doubt I would use it unless I could check the transcripts which would get a bit teidiouse and probably be quite heavy on your database too.

As long as the chats are searchable at a later time so people can find answers to the questions that are answered (thats what makes this site so useful). IM would be quicker for sure

As long as the chats are searchable at a later time so people can find answers to the questions that are answered (thats what makes this site so useful). IM would be quicker for sure

True it would be quicker, but then after problem solved and a new one arises you run the risk of some peope IM'ing u straight away without even checking the forum first.

• 3 weeks later...
agreed, there's too many chat systems out there at the moment anyway. (msn messenger, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, AOL IM - just to name a few):)

I see this as part of the problem, because it makes networking with other members of the community problematic because of compatibility. A chat room would provide a lobby for meet and greet style interaction to foster more personal relationships and networking in the community.

That being said, I'd prefer not to see one. One of the main reasons I spend time at CADTutor is because of the largely professional environment, and I find forum threads better facilitate structured and premeditated communication. This tends to attract the most productive and useful level of response, as well as being easier to moderate. Although I would love to get to know many of the members here better, I'm not confident a chat room would provide the right direction for building the community as a whole.