samifox

what is the different among Revit, Revit Structure,Revit Architectural?

samifox

Hi

im totally new to Revit,

i would like to know,

what is the different among Revit, Revit Structure,Revit Architectural?

RobDraw

You used to have to buy the appropriate platform for the type of work you do. I'm pretty sure the program is all inclusive now.

So, the answer is in the way you set it up.

tzframpton

Like Rob said: Revit will include all three flavors the platform has to offer, which is Architectural, Structural and MEP. They still do have the individual flavors available. If you simply stick with Revit, then you're getting all three flavors which is what you ultimately will want.

-TZ

halam

It's marketing. You will encounter architectural walls and columns and structural ones. I still don't understand why they choose to do this. A wall is a wall and can have more than one function. But what more important, is to know what revit elements are cuttable and which are not.

tzframpton
It's marketing.
Maybe now, but not originally. There wasn't a structural or MEP version of Revit in the beginning. Those disciplines came later after it was purchased by Autodesk.

lrm

Autodesk used to package some of the features specific to structural engineering such as the steel beams, columns and stress analysis feature separate from the architectural modeling features. They now do a light version of Revit "LT" and the full blown suite of features. For a comparison of LT vs. regular Revit see:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/compare/compare-revit-products

~Lee