3d move

wonderpriya

OK. Let's talk about some of your objects. This table is comprised of 1043 3D faces. It really should be a single 3D solid model. If you have ten of these tables in your drawing that amounts to 10,430 separate entities. That's not good. And the table, instead of being on a layer called "Furniture" is on four separate table layers. Not very efficient.

Round table.JPG

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wonderpriya

• lrm

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next up is this red chair. It is comprised of 2298 3D faces. Put ten of these chairs in your drawing and you have 22,980 entities. The components that go into making up the chair are on two layers (Seat & Seat base) each with an assigned color (white & blue) but someone has decided to override and make red.

I think all the objects comprised of 3D faces may have originated as 3d solids but were downloaded then exploded.

Red chair.JPG

How do I get model number? Could you move the furniture on your system. Because I'm not able to do it on mine.

The model number may be on a label affixed to the bottom of the laptop. Don't you have the receipt from when the laptop was purchased that shows the model number?

Yes, I can move the furniture on my system.

Like could you do the restaurant main room on your system by putting everything on one plane. Then the kitchen I'll do myself. I'll check the model number.

How do I make it into a single solid object?

Don't even attempt to do that if you don't want to lock up your system. When you downloaded the block it must have been to a folder on your hard drive. You could erase all the chairs and tables that are comprised of 3D faces then run the Insert command and reinsert each different block just don't explode them after you do. And put all chairs, tables and couches on a dedicated layer called Furniture. Put all kitchen equipment on a layer called Equipment.

Edited by ReMark

Like could you do the restaurant main room on your system by putting everything on one plane. Then the kitchen I'll do myself. I'll check the model number.

Not even worth it. I'd suggest starting a new drawing and lay out the building itself first making sure to create separate layers for the walls, windows, door and floor. Once you have that done then you can start adding furniture. Maybe you should start by doing a 2D floor plan first on its own layer.

Edited by ReMark

Office cupboards? Do you mean cabinets?

Restaurant equipment blocks may be found at the website of a manufacturer or possibly over at the CAD Blocks section of the CADforum.

Like actually I put grid on but its not aligned with the SW isometric plane. How do I align it with the SW isometric plane?

You don't need grid on. Turn it off.

Like actually I am extruding on the 2d drawing itself. I converted the table outline into a region and still its not extruding. Why?

Did you check the orientation of your UCS?

The tri-colored object to the left is the UCS icon and it appears like that because you have set the visual style to something other than 2Dwireframe.

You don't need the grid. Turn it off. It isn't going to help you.

You should be able to download blocks from the Internet without being concerned about file size as long as you don't explode them. Once you do that you end up with thousands of individual entities instead of a single object.

You could make tables and chairs yourself but all you have to do is create one object and save it as a block then populate the drawing with the block. This would work well for tables and chairs or any object that you would need two or more of.

I thought you were going to start a new drawing and concentrate on laying everything out in 2D first? It appears that you haven't. The 2D floor plan on the right is poorly done. The doors don't line up with their doorway openings, the exterior corners of the building have a radius applied to them, windows seem to be missing, and what you have drawn next to it in 3D doesn't seem to match up. Example: the interior 2D walls are 9" wide while the 3D walls are 5" wide.

I suggested you change your layering system but it appears you haven't. I see your drawing still contains multiple layers for representing seats and tables. Do you recall that I suggested creating a single layer for furniture?

The round table on the far right is at an elevation lower than the floor of the restaurant and it is comprised of several surfaces when it really should be a solid. You should have made much more progress by now.

When is this assignment due?

Actually he said show it on Friday. Will I be able to finish it by then. How do I start. Like how do I position the ucs on the 2d table so I can extrude?

Friday? I don't know if you will be ready to show your design by Friday. I'm not sure you have a clear understanding of what your design actually is supposed to look like. And if you do then it hasn't been clearly depicted in the 2D floor plan. We talked about this last Thursday and you have made little or no progress in three days.

The UCS can be reoriented via the Ribbon, the NAVCUBE or manually. Right now you have it positioned so that if you were to extrude anything it would go in the direction of the front wall of your restaurant.

After I type navcube what should I do? And how do I place the furniture? If I adjust in front it goes off in SW isometric and if I adjust it in SW isometric it goes off in front.