3d move

wonderpriya

I'm sorry I shouldn't have said the NAVCUBE; I should have said the Dynamic UCS.

You haven't locked down the design of the building itself yet you are worried about placing furniture? Note that you have a room with no visible means of entrance in the lower left hand corner of the building and at least in the 2D floor plan you have a door opening into a piece of furniture. The door doesn't even exist in the 3D building nor do any windows. The logical approach is normally to do the building first then add the furniture, appliances and plumbing fixtures.

What is the idea behind all the small, narrow rooms along one wall of the restaurant?

The kitchen area looks rather small compared to the overall size of the restaurant. You need space to prepare food, cook it, sinks for washing large pots, a dishwashing station, a place to stack plates, silverware, etc. as well as commercial grade ranges, refrigeration units, cold storage, deep fryers, serving tables, etc.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wonderpriya

• lrm

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not able to think under pressure. How do I think under pressure?

Get used to it. When you get out into the real world it won't all be roses and tea cakes.

I would have started by doing some research regarding restaurant design and layout. Here is an example of something I found online.

http://www.allfoodbusiness.com/restaurant_layout.php

One thing you can do is decrease the overall size of your restaurant. Maybe you make it much smaller with only enough dining space for a dozen people. More like a restaurant where people would call in an order then come pick it up. Check out "small restaurant layout".

I'd think that as an interior design course goes the emphasis would also be on overall design elements like flooring, wall treatments, window treatments, furniture and lighting. Do you also have to include interior elevations?

Like the system is hanging when I try to move blocks from the web even if they are not exploded. The others are doing 2d isometric. Could you tell me how to do 2d isometric of the restaurant. Thanks.

Have you tried disabling everything but Windows and AutoCAD? Maybe something running in the background like your antivirus program and/or your browser is slowing things down although it is my opinion your laptop really isn't up to the task of doing anything more than a simple 3D layout. You never provided the model name/number so I don't know what you are running for a graphics chip. The fact you only have 4GB of ram doesn't help either. Who thought this laptop was good for interior design work and 3D? By the way, do you have hardware acceleration enabled?

To draw in 2D isometric you have to first invoke the SNAP command then choose the STYLE option. Next type "I" for Isometric and accept the default re: vertical spacing. Press the F9 key to disable the SNAP vertical spacing setting then use the F5 key to toggle the between the three standard isoplanes of top, right and left. You'll know if you are in isometric mode if the crosshairs are at an angle and they are red and green colored. Have you ever drawn an isometric view of anything by hand?

You'll have to create the isometric view of each object (building, furniture, equipment, etc.) based off of information taken from the standard top, front and/or side views of the object. See example below.

IsometricView.JPG

Edited by ReMark

Depends on what you are drawing. The vertical lines shown in my example above should be drawn using either the left or right isoplane. And keep in mind that you'll need to use the ELLIPSE command with the ISOCIRCLE option to draw anything circular.

Actually where is the isoplane command?

There is no ISOPLANE command. I explained how to draw in 2D isometric in AutoCAD back in post #45. Re: SNAP command.

Like I followed the axis and did it but in a youtube tutorial he did it without following the axis. Like he drew 30 degrees just like that. How is that?

I don't know what tutorial you viewed or who "he" is. Yes, you can draw a line at 30 degrees, or at any other angle you can think of by either inputting the distance and angle directly on the command line or by making use of a feature called Polar Tracking (the F10 key - restricts lines to specific angles). However, since you are actually creating a 2D isometric in my opinion it would be better for you to use the three pre-set standard isoplanes that AutoCAD gives the user. It is quick and it is easy.

How much AutoCAD training have you received?

I don't have a certification. I learned AutoCAD via a combination of self-teaching, online courses and through classes (8-12 weeks in duration) at my local community college (mostly 3D). I also took a couple of classes (mostly one day seminars on new features) at our local AutoDesk reseller and a four day class in AutoCAD Electrical.